Who knows what took the Federal Court close to 3 months to render this tiny decision, but with luck the case will start moving forward at a faster pace, and we can have a spring hearing into the Constitutionality of the censorship provision - Section 13 (1) and 54 of the of the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Everything is now set, all the arguments have been made, and soon it will be up to the Federal Court of Canada to make a ruling agreeing with the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal, and wipe this censorship provision off the legal books and remove the speech noose many Canadians suffer under.
The battle lines are set.
Supporting freedom of speech, and an end to the fanatical speech control of Section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act.
· Marc Lemire
· British Columbia Civil Liberties Association
· Canadian Civil Liberties Association
· Canadian Free Speech League
· Canadian Association for Free Expression
Seeking to uphold Section 13:
· Canadian Human Rights Commission
· Richard Warman
· Canadian Jewish Congress
· B’nai Brith Canada
· Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Centre
· African-Canadian Legal Clinic
Please stay tuned on the Freedomsite, for more updates and upcoming court information.